- 200g Beetroot, raw and skin on
- 200g Butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp MERCHANT GOURMET® olive oil
- 200g baby leaf spinach, washed
- 200g IQF goat’s cheese discs
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 50g dried cranberries
- Flour, for dusting
- 500g puff pastry
- 100g CHEFS BRIGADE® whole egg mix
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Put the beetroot and butternut squash in a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, season well and toss together cover with foil. Roast until tender. Set aside to cool slightly, then remove the skins.
- Put the spinach in a pan and cook over a gentle heat until wilted, remove from the heat and squeeze out and excess liquid.
- Cut the beetroot into wedges the same size as the squash and mix in a large bowl with the spinach, cheese, onion and cranberries, season to taste and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 x 15cm squares. Divide the filling between each pastry square. Brush the pastry edges with the egg and fold the corners to form a neat parcel.
- Place seal-side down on a large baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake until puffed up and crisp.
- Serve with a winter salad.