- 200 g MERCHANT GOURMET® Puy lentils
- Black pepper
- Smoked sea salt
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 50g Pancetta lardons
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 partridge breasts
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 slices speck ham
- 10g of butter
- 40g Port and redcurrant jelly
- 50 ml red wine
- 50 ml MERCHANT GOURMET® balsamic vinegar
- Put the Puy lentils in a pan of salted boiling water for 20 minutes until tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add the pancetta and fry until golden brown then add in the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and fry gently until softened.
- Add in the drained lentils and thyme and warm through, stirring now and then. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Season the partridge breast fillets. Place a rosemary sprig on each fillet and wrap a slice of speck ham around each one.
- Heat a little oil and butter in a frying pan. Add in the partridge breasts and fry briefly on each side.
- Add in the port and redcurrant jelly, red wine and balsamic vinegar. Stirring now and then, for 5 minutes until the partridge is cooked.
- Place the Puy lentils on two warm serving plates with the partridge breasts on top and drizzle the redcurrant sauce over the partridge