- 2 large roasted peeled red peppers
- 2 large roasted peeled yellow peppers
- 1 large aubergine, sliced lengthways
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large courgettes, sliced lengthways
- Vegetable oil
- 300ml tomato juice
- 100ml SunBlush® Tomatade®
- 3 tbsp powdered gelatine
- Bunch of basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat a griddle pan. Brush one side of the aubergine slices with olive oil and put them in the hot pan, oiled-side down.
- While cooking, brush the upper sides with oil. Cook on both sides until brown and soft.
- Do the same with the courgette slices.
- Lightly brush a terrine with vegetable oil, then line it with clingfilm, leaving a little hanging over the edges.
- Mix the Tomatade® and the tomato juice and pour into a pan, sprinkle on the gelatine and dissolve over a very low heat.
- Place a layer of red peppers in the base of terrine, then pour in enough of the tomato juice to cover.
- Continue layering the aubergine, courgettes and peppers, pouring gelatine juice over each layer and adding a couple of basil leaves on each layer. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a layer of red peppers.
- Add the remaining tomato juice over the terrine.
- Give the terrine a sharp tap to settle the juices. Cover and chill until set.
- When the terrine is set and chilled, turn it out of the dish carefully and peel off the cling film.