- 75g Dried white beans, soaked overnight
- 2 Partridges
- 2 tbsp MERCHANT GOURMET® Olive oil
- 100g Grilling chorizo, diced
- 50g MERCHANT GOURMET® chestnuts
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 1 tsp Garlic puree
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Bay leaves
- 100g Serrano ham, cut into strips
- 100ml Red wine
- 100ml Essential Chicken stock
- Maldon sea salt
- Black pepper
- Drain the beans and put them into a pan with cold water, bring to the boil, cover and leave to simmer very gently for two hours, stirring the beans occasionally, and seasoning towards the end. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 230*C.
- Season the partridges with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large roasting pan. Add the chopped chorizo and fry gently. Lift the chorizo out and save for later, leaving behind the oil. Add the partridge to the pan and turn them over a few times in the chorizo oil. Turn breast-side up, transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180C and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and quarter, core and shred the rest.
- Remove the partridge from the oven and leave to rest under foil in a warm place.
- Place the roasting pan directly over a medium heat, add the garlic, onion and bay leaves and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the ham, fried chorizo and chestnuts and cook gently for 2 minutes, then add the cabbage and seasoning and stir-fry for 3 minutes until it just begins to wilt. Add the red wine and chicken stock and cook for 6 minutes, turning the mixture over regularly, until the cabbage is just tender.
- Meanwhile, gently reheat the beans.When the cabbage is tender remove the white beans from any remaining liquid and add them to the cabbage.