- 100ml MERCHANT GOURMET® Black Spiced Rice Vinegar
- 75ml Water
- 1 MERCHANT GOURMET® Vanilla pod, Split
- 2 tbsp Plantation Sugar
- 6 Baby Pears
- Heat the vinegar, water, vanilla pod and sugar in a small saucepan until boiling. Place the pear into the liquid and poach for 6 minutes, or until tender, remove from the heat leave to cool.
- Remove the poached pear from the poaching liquid.Continue heating the poaching liquid until the volume of the liquid has reduced and it resembles syrup. Spoon this sauce around the edge of the serving plate.
- 550ml Double Cream
- 250ml Milk
- 250g Plantation Sugar
- 108g CHEFS BRIGADE® Egg Yolks
- 1 MERCHANT GOURMET® Vanilla Pod, Split
- 500g MERCHANT GOURMET® Chestnut Purée
- 100g Candied Chestnuts
- Mix the double cream with the milk and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar with the egg yolks.
- Pour the hot cream mix onto the sugar and eggs and then return to the pan. Add the vanilla.
- Cook, stirring over a low heat to make a custard that will coat the back of the spoon.
- Cool and stir into the puree.
- Churn until almost set and then freeze, or pour into a box and freeze.