Being a passionate foodie, chef and Italian, I have a massive weakness for pizza – the perfect pizza, of course!
I am fortunate to have been growing yeast at home for many years; initially for making bread until I discovered how amazing homemade yeast was when used for pizza. From then on my pizza passion has gone off the scale!
I refresh the yeast once a week, for which the bread baking has become secondary, as I now bake at least 2 large trays of pizza, which is then impossible to resist eating within 24 hours!
So this is my pizza dilemma; as a piece gets eaten at every meal time and I consume more than I really should! My ultimate favourite is made with SunBlush® tomatoes, very little mozzarella, garnished with Stracchino/Crescenza, fresh basil, rocket and extra virgin olive oil once cooked.
Pizza with SunBlush® Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Crescenza and Rocket
300g of flour 0
150g of home made fresh yeast refreshed the night before
Extra virgin olive oil
200g SunBlush® tomatoes
200g of Crescenza
1 bunch of arugula
- Melt the yeast in a large bowl with warm water and salt; add the flour and enough water to make the dough very soft.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and work so it is thoroughly mixed. Cover and let it stand in the oven [turned off]; keep oven the light on until the dough is double in size.
- Take out the dough and preheat the oven to its maximum temperature.
- Meanwhile, grease one or two baking trays and flatten the dough with the aid of your hands.
- Spread the SunBlush® tomatoes evenly over the dough & scatter the torn mozzarella.
- Let it stand for about twenty minutes then gently push the tomatoes into the dough.
- Bake on the lower shelf of the oven for about 20 minutes. Once baked, add the Crescenza/Stracchino in small pieces over the pizza, leaving it to stand for two minutes.
- Finish with rocket and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.