Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
- 300g Merchant Gourmet® couscous.
- 2 jars Piquillo Peppers, sliced in half
4tbsp oil from the Piquillo jar
- 100g soft goat’s cheese, sliced (or crumbled)
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 30g pinenuts
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Soak the couscous in 600ml hot water and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the pinenuts by frying them in a dry pan until they are fragrant and golden (around 2mins).
- Once the couscous has soaked, stir it with a fork to fluff it up, mixing in the Piquillo oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Then add in the sliced Piquillo Peppers and goat’s cheese and most of the toasted pinenuts, stirring gently.
- To serve, sprinkle the remaining pinenuts on top.
Tip: If you have a ring mould and are able to form a stack of your salad, as in the picture above, these look great for dinner parties!