Cooking time: 35 mins
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Mixed Grains
- 1 butternut squash, (about 600g)
- 4 sprigs of sage, leaves removed from stalks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 125g smoked beetroot
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkinseed oil
- 20g rocket leaves
- Handful pine nuts
- Toast pine nuts in a pan with no oil, keep shaking the pan until the pine nuts are slightly golden in colour, set aside.
- Cut the butternut squash in to slices about 1cm in thickness, remove the seeds and skin, coat with the 4 tbsp olive oil and place on a baking sheet with the sprigs of sage evenly distributed. Place in a pre-heated oven of 180 C for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, place the mixed grains, and break up any clumps with a fork. Add the beetroot, fresh basil, vinegar, roasted pumpkinseed oil, pumpkin seeds and stir to coat. Then gently stir in the butternut squash, and crumble in the crisped sage. Serve with placing the rocket leaves on top.