Cook time: 20 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 duck breasts
- 100g bacon lardons (or sliced bacon)
- 200g pack Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50ml port or Madeira
- 200ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
How to cook it:
- Score the skin side of the duck breasts with a sharp knife, and rub them with salt.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan then lay the duck breasts skin side down into the pan. You do not need to add any oil as the fat in the duck breasts will do the job. Pan fry the duck breast on a low heat for 10 mins then turn it over and finish for 5 mins on the other side.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 10 mins in a warm oven
- To make the sauce, pour out the oil and set aside. Add the bacon and chestnuts to the pan. Fry on a low heat for 5 mins or until the bacon and Chestnuts have gone golden and begin to crisp. Add the cranberries, port and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the liquid by half then season with salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the duck breasts then pour over the sauce. This is delicious served with celeriac mash and your favourite green vegetable