Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 min
- 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Mixed Grains
- Half a tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Raz el Hanout
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 100g of young leaf spinach
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into 4x2cm segments (about 1cm thick)
- 4 tbsp basil infused EVO
- 2 tsp white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- Zest of half an orange and 3 tbsp juice
- 100g goat’s cheese, cut into 1.5cm chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Place a griddle pan on the hob and pre-heat.
- Once the griddle pan is hot, toss the prepared squash with 1 tbsp of EVO and add to the griddle pan. Turn every few minutes until the squash is cooked through with a good charring on each side. Once cooked, remove from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, warm the pouch of mixed grains according to the pack instructions. Once warmed open the pouch and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the smoked paprika, raz el hanout, zest and juice of the orange and the pomegranate seeds to the bowl of mixed grains and mix to combine the ingredients. Set aside for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Next chop the goats cheese into 1.5 cm chunks and the add these along with the spinach and squash to the bowl of mixed grains.
- Add the basil infused EVO, vinegar and sugar to a small jug and stir to combine into vinaigrette.
- Finally pour the vinaigrette into the bowl of mixed grain salad and toss until all the ingredients are thoroughly then serve.