- 1 butternut squash, (about 600g)
- 4 sprigs of sage, leaves removed from stalks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 125g SunBlush® tomatoes, drained (half a pot)
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp Merchant Gourmet pumpkinseed oil
- 90g feta cheese
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Serves 2-3 people
- Toast pine nuts in a pan with no oil, keep shaking the pan until the pine nuts are slightly golden in colour, set aside.
- Cut the butternut squash in to slices about 1cm in thickness, remove the seeds and skin, coat with the 4 tbsp olive oil and place on a baking sheet with with the sprigs of sage evenly distributed. Place in a pre-heated oven of 180oC for 20minutes, or until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, place the wholesome grains, and break up any clumps with a fork. Add the SunBlush® tomatoes, fresh basil, vinegar, Merchant Gourmet roasted pumpkinseed oil, pumpkin seeds and stir to coat. Then gently stir in the butternut squash, and crumble in the crispened sage. Serve with crumbling the feta on top.