Prep time: 20 mins
- 1, 250g Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Red and White Quinoa
- 1, 185g tin of tuna in spring water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 black olives (Optional)
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- 4 heaped tbsp basil, mint or parsley
- 4 pitta bread
- Heat the quinoa according to the instructions on the pouch. Open the pouch then tip the quinoa into a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper and then leave the quinoa to sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Remove the little black cores from the tomatoes and then chop them into 1cm chunks.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Use a teaspoon to scoop out and discard the seeds, chop the flesh into 1cm chunks.
- Cut the olives in half. Slice the basil. Add both to the quinoa.
- Stir the tuna and its juice into the quinoa followed by the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste.
- Warm the pitta bread and serve the salad in or alongside it. You could also serve this without the pita as a lovely salad or wrap it up in tortillas to take to work.