Arborio rice, clams, cuttlefish, Italian recipe, Merchant Gourmet, mussels, Northern Italy, Prawns, Risotto alla Pescatora, saffron, Seafood Risotto, squid, Valentines Day Recipe, Veneto Recipe, white wine
A typical dish of Veneto in Northern Italy that I think encompasses all that is beautiful about Northern Italian coastal cuisine, a special dish perfect for valentines night
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 400g Merchant Gourmet Arborio rice
- 500g prawns
- 400g clams,
- 500g mussels
- 300g squid
- 300g cuttlefish
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion,
- Merchant Gourmet extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml of white wine
- 250ml of water and saffron broth
- Ground pepper
- Shell the prawns leaving only the shell of the tail, wash and set aside.
- Wash the clams thoroughly (check that there is no residue of sand), and clean the mussels (scrape the shell with a knife or a steel mesh)
- In a very large warm pan heat the garlic and olive oil and add the cleaned clams and mussels.
- When the clams and mussels are open, remove their fruit, leaving a dozen with the shell on and put aside
- Cut the squid and the cuttlefish into strips. Place the garlic and the oil in a high sided pan and let the seafood brown, then set aside
- Add the rice and the white wine into the empty fish pan, letting the wine evaporate
- Cook the rice over low heat occasionally adding a ladle of broth of saffron and gently turning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the clams, mussels and prawns in a pan with olive oil, butter and parsley for a few minutes then stir in with the rice. Serve and enjoy!