American barbecue, American BBQ, American cuisine, asparagus, Cajun, cherry tomatoes, Chicken, chicken drumsticks, Chicken leg recipe, chicken thigh recipe, couscous, Merchant Gourmet, Roquito, tbsp soy sauce, white wine vinegar, wholewheat giant couscous
Prep time: 12 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp Roquito® sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- Hand full of baby spinach
- Monge tout
- 200g Wholewheat giant couscous
- Handful of chives
- Merchant Gourmet extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spoon in the ketchup, honey, Roquito® sauce, soy sauce, oil, vinegar and spice into a freezer bag and mix together.
- Score the skin of the chicken with a knife and put into the bag to marinade in a fridge over night
- Tip the chicken and sauce into a large roasting tin, In a pre-heated oven at 200C place the tin in and roast for 20 mins, then baste the chicken with the marinade, add the cherry tomatoes into the tin and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is roasting, place the giant couscous in 100ml of boiling water for 7-8 minutes.
- Sauté the mange tout and asparagus in a pan with some salt and pepper for 10 minutes then mix together with the giant couscous and the spinach.
- Spoon the couscous and vegetable mix onto a plate and top with the roasted chicken, cherry tomatoes, chives and then serve.