Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp thyme leaves removed from the stalks
- Half a lemon
- 3 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 free range chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 100g chorizo, slice into rounds with a width of about 5mm
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Mixed Grains
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- handful of parsley, roughy chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients and rub all over the chicken thighs, cover and leave to marinade for 20 minutes. (at this stage you can put the chicken into a heatproof dish to marinade, one that they will fit snugly in, this can then be placed straight into the oven).
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and cook the chicken thighs for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the sliced onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 1-2 minutes, before adding the sliced chorizo and crushed garlilc.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, allowing some of the fat from the chorizo to render down. At this stage stir in the sliced cherry tomatoes and Merchant Gourmet® Mixed Grains, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the parsley, the sherry vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is ready (you can check by inserting a knife and ensuring the juices run clean), place the chorizo and grains mixture on a plate, with the chicken on top. Drizzle the juices from the chicken on top.