Chestnut, chestnut puree, creamy, creamy soup, hearty soup, Merchant Gourmet, merchant gourmet chestnut puree, merchant gourmet porcini mushroom, Porcini Mushroom, quick and easy, quick and easy recipe, Simple recipe, Soup, warming meals, winter warmer
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cooking Time – 20 mins
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 25g dried Merchant Gourmet Porcini Mushrooms
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed from stalks
- 30g butter
- 1 vegetable stock cube, made up with 1 litre of boiling water
- 150ml double cream, reserving a couple of tablespoons
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 415g Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- Fry the thyme, garlic and half of the parsley in the butter for a few minutes on a gentle heat, taking care not to brown the garlic
- Add the vegetable stock and dried Porcini mushrooms and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Mix in the Chestnut Puree, and heat for a few more minutes before removing from the heat and liquidising.
Return back to the heat and stir in the cream, bring the soup back up to boil.
- Check the seasoning of the soup
- Ladle into bowls, drizzling on the remaining cream, and sprinkling the remaining parsley on each.