Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time -10 minutes
- 50g butter, diced
- 4 salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 140ml white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp chopped dill
1. Heat a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add a couple of knobs of butter, very quickly followed by the salmon – skin side side down.
2. Fry for three to four minutes or until golden brown underneath, then turn over, season with salt and pepper and fry for another couple of minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
3. Add the white wine to de-glaze the pan, and then add the capers, along with the remaining butter. Reduce for one minute on a high heat.
4. Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if necessary. Transfer the salmon onto warmed plates, stir the chopped dill into the sauce and pour over the fish. Serve with a seasonal salad.