coeliac, delicious healthy, easy, Fit and Healthy, fresh, Gluten free, gluten free lunch, gluten free recipe, healthy, healthy eating, Healthy Food, healthy ingredients, healthy meal, healthy quinoa, Healthy recipe, Healthy summer recipes, Merchant Gourmet, merchant gourmet healthy eating, Merchant Gourmet quinoa, nutritious, pomegranate, quick and easy, quick lunch, quinoa, sardines, Simple recipe, tasty healthy, Vegan
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 10 mins
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ras-el-hanout, plus a little for seasoning the sardines
- Grated zest and juice (4 tablespoons) of 1 medium lemon (remove the zest before cutting the lemon)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Red and White Quinoa
- 2 tbsp de-shelled pistachio nuts (optional)
- 10 ready to eat dried apricots, cut into cubes
- The seeds from half a small pomegranate
- 8 sardine filets, either 2 double filets as I did in the photo per person or 4 individual filets per person
- 3 tbsp sliced mint
- Salt, cayenne pepper and caster sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 220c / Position upper middle shelf
2. First, make the relish. Get a small saucepan. Add the orange juice, honey, 1/2 tsp ras-el-hanout, and half the lemon juice, chilli and ginger. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes until the liquid has reduced by 1/3, becoming sticky and just thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add the lemon zest and the remaining juice, pistachio nuts and dried apricots.
3. Next, warm the quinoa in the microwave according to the instructions on the pouch. Tip it into a bowl and break up the grains with a fork.
4. Add the pomegranate seeds and the mint to the relish. Season with salt, cayenne pepper and a touch of sugar to balance the lemon.
5. Mix one third of this relish with the quinoa, and season to taste,
6. Get a baking tray and line it with greaseproof paper. Put the sardine fillets on top. Season the fish on both sides with salt and ras-el-hanout (use this as you would pepper).
7. Bake for 3-4 minutes until the sardines are just cooked through. Serve with the quinoa and the relish.