chia, cottage cheese, Fennel, Fit and Healthy, fragrant, freekeh, fresh, Harissa, health food, healthy eating, Healthy Food, healthy goodness, healthy recipes, Merchant Gourmet, Merchant Gourmet Freekeh, nurtitional, nutritionally balanced, nutritious, Roquito, super healthy, superfood
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and 3 tbsp juice
- Grated zest of 1 orange and 5 tbsp juice, segments from a second orange
- 1 red beetroot, 150g peeled
- 1 striped beetroot, (if you can’t get this, substitute with a red) 150g, peeled
- Half a tsp harissa (more if you like it hot)
- 250g Merchant Gourmet ready to eat Freekeh
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 pieces of sprouting broccoli
- 4 tbsp Roquito Chilli Pepper Pearls®
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp sliced flat leaf parsley
- Salt, sugar and cayenne pepper
- 125g Cottage cheese (optional)
- Get 2 medium sized bowls. Add the citrus zest and juices to one of them. Mix together well. Pour half into the second bowl.
- Grate the red beetroot into one of the bowls. Grate half of the striped beetroot into the bowl, slice the other half very finely. Set aside. Add the harissa. Warm the Freekeh according to the instructions on the packet. Add it to the grated beetroot. Stir together well, season to taste, with salt, sugar to balance the acidity of the citrus and cayenne pepper for a little bite.
- Add the sliced fennel, sprouting broccoli (either raw or quickly boiled), Roquito Chilli Pepper Pearls®, chia seeds, parsley, finely sliced striped beetroot and orange segments. Toss together well. Season to taste.
- Spread the freekeh over a large plate, top with the salad mixture, then spoon the cottage cheese (if using) over the top.