A traditional Breton buckwheat galette, served with a light Béchamel sauce, flakes of hot smoked salmon and shavings of green asparagus. Sprinkled with award-winning Mara Dulse seaweed, and garnished with mustard cress and a wedge of lemon. This recipe makes a very special brunch or a delicious light lunch.
1 buckwheat galette
10g unsalted butter
25g Béchamel sauce
100g hot smoked salmon flakes
1 green asparagus spear (sliced 1mm mandolin)
⅙ punnet of mustard cress
1g Mara Seaweed, Dulse
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Gently separate the hot smoked salmon into flakes and reserve in a cling-filmed container. Cut the lemon in half and thinly shave the asparagus.
- On a low heat, melt the butter in a frying pan and place the galette coloured-side down.
- Spoon the béchamel into the middle of the galette. Sprinkle the salmon flakes on top. Fold the sides of the galette over the salmon and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and flash blanch the asparagus shavings for 1 minute.
- Remove the galette from the oven and top with the asparagus shavings, mustard cress and a sprinkle of seaweed.
- Serve with the lemon wedge on the side for drizzling.
SCE710 – Béchamel Sauce – 500ml
SMF016 – Frozen Hot Smoked Salmon – 1kg
VEG163 – Mara Seaweed Dulse Shaker – 30g