This buckwheat porridge made with coconut milk is suitable for gluten-free and dairy-free diets. It is an adaptable base for a delicious, healthy breakfast option and combines perfectly with nutritious toppings such as date syrup (100% natural sugars), chia seeds (high in protein), flax (a good source of omega-3), crimson raisins (packed with vitamins) and cocoa nibs (full of anti-oxidants, magnesium and potassium).
- Coconut milk, 180ml
- Buckwheat flakes, 35g
- Table salt, 1g
- Date syrup, 25ml
- A sprinkle of your choice;
- Chia seeds, 2.5g
- Crimson raisins, 3g
- Golden flaxseeds, 2g
- Cocoa nibs, 3g
- Toasted coconut chips, 3g
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the buckwheat flakes and cook for three minutes, or until the flakes are at the desired consistency.
- Add a pinch of salt before transferring to a serving bowl.
- Pour the date syrup into a small serving jug.
- Sprinkle your choice of healthy topping over the porridge and drizzle with date syrup as desired.
CER094 – Buckwheat Flakes 15kg
SEE080 – Chia Seeds 400g
FRU029 – Toasted Coconut Chips 500g
SCE240 – Meridian Date Syrup 6 x 330ml