This bircher is a fresh and fruity breakfast option. By using buckwheat flakes and soya-based yoghurt, it’s also vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and contains all natural sugars. It can be enjoyed leisurely as a tasty brunch or served in a jar for a wholesome on-the-go snack.
- 100g soy yoghurt
- 30g buckwheat flakes
- 10g toasted coconut chips
- 10ml fresh orange juice
- 20g ripe mango
- 20g granny smith apple
- 10g pomegranate seeds
- 5g dried apricot
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- Mix together the buckwheat flakes, orange juice, agave, coconut and yoghurt and conserve in the fridge to soften.
- Grate the apple on a microplane, leaving the skin on.
- Dice the mango into 5mm cubes.
- Finely chop the dried apricots.
- Reserve a little fruit for the topping and stir the rest into the yoghurt mixture.
- Cut open the pomegranate and retain the seeds.
- Transfer the yoghurt mixture to a serving dish and scatter over the remaining apple, mango, pomegranate and chia seeds.
- Serve with a little extra agave syrup for drizzling.
- MIL009 – Alpro Soya Yoghurt Simply Plain 6 x 500ml
- CER094 – Buckwheat Flakes 15kg
- FRU029 – Toasted Coconut Chips 500g
- FRU044 – Dried Apricots 3kg
- SEE080 – Chia Seeds 450g
- SCE036 – Agave Syrup 6L