Preparation time – 30 mins
Cooking time – 35 mins
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 500g chicken breast, cubed weight
- 1300ml warm chicken stock
- 200ml boiling water
- 250g pack dried apricots, halved
- 300g Merchant Gourmet giant couscous
- 200g fine green beans
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and half juiced
- Coat the chicken in all the spices, and leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes on a gentle heat until softened.
- Add the chicken and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in half of the stock, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the apricots, giant couscous and remaining stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the couscous doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beans and boiling water and cook with the lid on for a further 5 minutes until the beans are cooked to an al dente texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice, and then sprinkle the chopped coriander and lemon zest on top.