Our Marketing department is in over drive at the moment, supporting the launch of our much loved Roquito® peppers into Tesco, through a new social media campaign. As a result I have spent a lot of time going through my recipe archives digging out the many Roquito® recipes I’ve developed over my years at Leathams. I have to say it’s made me re-ignite my love for these peppers, especially when I see just how many restaurant, pizzeria and hotel menus they appear on, through my recipe development or otherwise.
To name a few, Benugo’s Serpentinne Bar & Kitchen serve a lovely spicy pepperoni, Roquito® pepper & mozzarella Diavola pizza and Pizza Express features them on its special edition Calabrese pizza and its and Etna pizza with n’duja sausage, speck and Gran Moravia. Not only that, we also have Zizzi using Roquito® sauce in its Linguine ai Gamberi as well as a number of other pizzas and Prezzo scattering them on its Vesuvio Pizza with double pepperoni sausage, mozzarella and tomato.
Now fast becoming a popular choice amongst restaurants and food manufacturers, the Roquito® brand can be seen throughout the UK retailers in various formats such as pizzas, dips and sauces as well as the newly launched Roquito® standalone jar.
What is great about the Roquito® campaign is that it is set to bring together all channels of Roquito® to raise awareness amongst consumers and educate them about the hot and sweet taste sensation they deliver. Meaning exciting things are on the agenda for my recipe development!
Of course my preference for Roquito® will always be on top of a pizza, but there are some other excellent applications I’ve enjoyed creating for our customers. Check out this beef burger with chorizo, Roquito® and avocado salsa.
- 1 x British Beef Burger
- 1 x Ciabatta Bun
- 20g Grilling Chorizo Sausage
- 1x Large Slice of Beef Tomato
- 175g Chunky Chips
- 15g Mayonnaise
- Salad Garnish
- 40g Avocado
- 30g Diced Roquito® Peppers
- 25g Red Onion
- 20g Diced Tomato (Deseeded)
- 5g Coriander (Picked, no stem)
- 15ml Merchant Gourmet Garlic Infused Oil
- 10mlLeathams Frozen Lime Juice
- To make that salsa dice the avocado, tomato, Roquito®, red onion and chop the Coriander as shown
- Mix into a bowl along with the lime juice and garlic oil, add seasoning to taste
- Cook the burger and chips as to the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Slice (about 0.5cm) and cook the grilling chorizo for 4 minutes or until cooked
- Chargrill the Ciabatta bead to toast and bar mark the top
- To assemble, place the base of the burger on the plate and smother with the 15g of mayonnaise, place the salad garnish on top and then the burger. Then add the chorizo and a slice of beef tomato
- Put the chips into a bowl lined with baking parchment and put the salsa into a small serving dish as show
If you’re interested in finding out more about this campaign you can read further here, and if you feel inclined to get involved online through the following links: