Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 15 mins
- 300g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 25g Merchant Gourmet dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g artichoke, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Merchant Gourmet Chef’s pesto alla genovese
- 200g peas, frozen or fresh
- 60ml single cream
- 150g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- Bring a pan of salted water up to boil and cook your Penne until al dente (10-12 mins)
- Rehydrate the mushrooms with 250ml of boiling water for about 10 mins.
- Whilst your Pasta is cooking, fry off the onions on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Drain the mushrooms and add to the onions with the garlic, artichoke and peas. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, and then stir through the pesto, cream, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve in bowls, topped with the shaved parmesan.