Alternative Breakfast Recipe, avocado, Beluga Lentils, Breakfast recipe, Ethnic breakfast, fire roasted peppers, Fit and Healthy, health, health food, health food trends, health foods, healthy, healthy breakfast, Healthy breakfast recipe, healthy brunch, healthy eating, healthy ingredients, healthy recipes, hearty breakfast, Huevos Rancheros, Merchant Gourmet, merchant gourmet beluga lentils, merchant gourmet lentils, merchant Gourmet puy lentils, mexican breakfast, puy, Spicy Breakfast
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 20 mins
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g Fire roasted Peppers, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1, 400g tin of best quality chopped tomatoes
- 125g Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Beluga® or Puy lentils
- 2 large eggs
- Half a ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tbsp sliced chives
- 2 tbsp Roquito Chilli Pepper Pearls®
- Salt, chilli powder and caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200c/Position Upper Middle Shelf
- Get a shallow, oven proof pan. Add the onion, yellow pepper, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the water. Cover the pan. Sweat over a high heat, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes until soft. Add the tinned tomatoes, bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lentils, bring back to the boil. Season to taste with salt, sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes and as much chilli powder as you like.
- Break the eggs into the sauce, then pop the pan into the oven for 6-7 minutes for eggs that are just set.
- Cut the avocado into chunks. Put the chunks into a shallow bowl, gently mix them with a pinch of salt, the chives, Roquito Pearls® and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the eggs are cooked, scatter the avocado mixture over the top. Serve straight from the pan.