- 500g of wheat flour type “00”
- 50g of extra virgin olive oil
- 300ml water
- 500g Stracchino or Crescenza fresh cheese
- Mix the flour with water, extra virgin olive oil and salt until dough is soft and smooth. When finished, let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, covered with film
- When Double in size divided the dough into two portions.
- Stretch the dough manually spreading the dough with a twisting motion, with your hands, until about a millimeter thick, and taking care not to cause perforations of the surface.
- Place the dough into the baking tray, previously greased with extra virgin olive oil.
- Torn the cheese distributing it into small pieces of the size equal to that of a nut so as to cover the whole surface homogeneously.
- Stretch the second dough and cover the cheese, overlapped edges of the two sheets to prevent the leakage of the cheese during baking.
- Any strips of dough in excess may be removed with the aid of a knife.
- With your fingers pinch the dough in all around the edges.
- Sprinkle the focaccia with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and, possibly, with a sprinkling of salt.
- Bake in a hot preheated oven at a temperature between 230 ° and 250 ° C for 4-8 minutes, until the surface of the product will have taken a golden color, with brown streaks and bubbles in the upper part.