For the quinoa cake.
220g cooked quinoa, at room temperature
180ml liquid whole egg
½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
10g finely chopped fresh chives
10g grated Parmesan
8g cloves garlic, finely chopped
80g panko bread crumbs, plus more if needed
Water, if needed
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 gourmet poached eggs
120g smoked salmon
4 avocado halves sliced
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, cheese and garlic. Add the bread crumbs, stir, and let sit for a few minutes so the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture. At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form into eight 1-inch/2.5cm thick patties
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat, add 6 patties, if they’ll fit with some room between each, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms are deeply browned. Turn up the heat if there is no browning after 10 minutes and continue to cook until the patties are browned.
- Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 7 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and cool on a wire rack while you cook the remaining patties. Alternatively, the quinoa mixture keeps nicely in the refrigerator for a few days; you can cook patties to order, if you prefer.
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer, then put the eggs in for 30 seconds.
- Put the quinoa cake on the plate, then top with smoked salmon the avocado and then the poached egg.
CER007 MG R T EAT RED AND WHITE QUINOA 250G
EGG021 CB LIQUID EGG WHOLE FRESH 1KG
CHE282 LL GRATED PARMIGIANO REGGIANO 5KGX2
PUR020 MG CHEFS GARLIC PUREE 1KG PET
BRE002 JAPANESE STYLE PANKO BREADCRUMBS 300G
EGG035 LL FREE RANGE GOURMET POACHED EGG x 6- TOO
VEG125 LAFRESCA AVOCADO HALVES FROZEN 60x45GR
SMS101 CB SLICED SMOKED SALMON 454G